The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) offers an awards program for students who are pursuing a Master’s degree in a health related field in Canada.
Chemistry and Biochemistry, Gerontology, Kinesiology and Health Studies, Psychology, Social Work, Johnson-Shoyama School of Public Policy, Nursing.
Value: $17,500 for one year
Eligibility: To be eligible for this award you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- must have a first class average (80% or above), in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent
- have completed or be in the last year of a Bachelor’s degree or,
- have been registered for no more than 10 months as a full-time student in a Master’s program
- by applying for support to pursue your first graduate degree
- not have already held an award from SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR, or any other federal source to undertake your Master’s degree.
Student Status: Full-time
Citizenship: Canadian or Permanent
Applications: Application information including the web application, Training Module, CV Module and Sponsor’s reports are available on CIHR’s website. Website: www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca