Ferguson Scholarships for Africans at University of London 2014
Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust offers the Ferguson Scholarships for African national at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London UK 2014/2015
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, three Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit. Students offered a Ferguson Scholarship must take it up in the academic year 2014/15 and it cannot be carried forward to a later year.
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Have a confirmed, unconditional offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £14,956 in total and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance.
Application DeadlineApplications must be received by 17:00 (GMT) on 20 March 2014.
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form.Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Visit scholarship webpage for details