New: Gates Cambridge Scholarships (Masters & PhD) in UK for International Students 2016/17
Application is open for Gates Cambridge Scholarships (Masters & PhD) in United Kingdom, UK for International Students 2016/17. Interested African M.Sc and PhD Scholars are invited to leverage this opportunity.
Brief description: Gates Cambridge Trust offers full fee postgraduate (Masters and PhD) Scholarships for outstanding International students to study any course at the University of Cambridge, UK 2016
Accepted Subject Areas: Masters and PhD Courses offered by the university
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: Full-cost Masters and PhD scholarship
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
Number of Scholarship: Several
Value of Scholarship
Scholarship will cover the full cost of study
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
Eligible Countries: For international students
To be taken at (country): Cambridge University UK
Applications for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship for October 2016 entry will open on 1 September 2015. The deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) – 14 October 2015
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) – 2 December 2015
Offered annually? Yes For how to apply, load NEXT PAGE.