There is a newly announced Saint Leo University Scholarship Grants for prospective students intending to seek admission into the institution to study in the United States this 2018/19 session.
Saint Leo University offers a variety of grants and scholarships to eligible first-time freshman students (and some eligible transfer students) attending University College at University Campus.
Merit: Saint Leo University Scholarship Grants ($11,000)
- Academic merit scholarships are based on a student’s GPA and test scores (ACT or SAT).
- First-year students who qualify may receive an award of up to $11,000 while eligible transfer students may receive up to $6,000 in merit scholarship aid.
- University College at University Campus full-time transfer students and first-time freshman students are eligible. Education Center, Center for Online Learning, and Adult Education Center at University Campus students are ineligible.
- Merit scholarships are renewable for up to eight terms for incoming freshman students. Recipients must remain enrolled full-time on campus and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
EMACS: Saint Leo University Scholarship Grants (up to $10,000)
Saint Leo University is offering generous scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for motivated students pursuing undergraduate degrees in Computer Science or Mathematics. These prestigious scholarships are funded through a grant from the National Science Foundation and will provide the scholarship recipients interested in Computer Science or Mathematics an educational experience that allows them to explore the interdisciplinary nature of Computer Science and Mathematics, with the academic and financial support to succeed at Saint Leo University. Scholarship recipients will participate in shared course work, seminars, research projects, and internships. Scholarship recipients will be part of a cohesive STEM learning community, where the scholars will be offered academic support, one-on-one mentoring by supportive faculty, and exciting internship and research opportunities.
Saint Leo University is able to offer this unique opportunity to its students through funding from the National Science Foundation’s (NSF) S-STEM program. The S-STEM program was established by the National Science Foundation in accordance with the American Competitiveness and Workforce Improvement Act of 1998. The Act reflects the national need to substantially increase the number of American scientists and engineers. The S-STEM program emphasizes the importance of recruiting students to STEM disciplines, mentoring and supporting students through degree completion, and partnering with employers to facilitate student career placement in STEM fields.
This S-STEM program will offer scholarships for qualified students amounting to up to $10,000 per year, renewable for four years. Up to 16 of these scholarships will be awarded over the course of five years, 2018 – 2022. Through this scholarship program, the STEM program scholars will be well prepared to understand contemporary approaches to research in the Computer Science as well as Mathematics, and to effectively contribute to occupations in the Computer Science and Mathematics fields.
Applications are currently being accepted for scholarship awards for FALL 2018. Completed applications (including TWO letters of recommendation) must be received by May 01, 2018 for consideration for an award in FALL 2018.
For questions about the scholarship requirements please contact:
- Dr. Vyas Krishnan at Vyas.Krishnan@saintleo.edu for Computer Science degree program
- Dr. Monika Kiss at Monika.Kiss@saintleo.edu for Mathematics degree program.