The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected students from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses.
Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
Application Period and deadlines:
- Application Opens: 15th September, 2017
- Application closes: 15th December, 2017
- March 1, 2018: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2018: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
- May 2018: Notification of scholarship awards
- June 1, 2018: Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships
If you need more information, please request from the sponsor’s website.