Study in Belgium on the VLIR-UOS Scholarship – For Africans
There is an exciting opportunity to have your masters degree funded by the government of Belgium. If you are interested in gaining a reputable degree from a top European academic institution in Belgium, you will be interested in the VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarships in Belgium.
VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow an English-taught training or master programme at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium. VLIR-UOS scholarship covers allowance, accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee.
To apply to the scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be national and resident of one of the 54 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Be Aged 40 years or less for a Master programme
- Meet the academic admission criteria set by the university or university college, concerning educational background, language proficiency, etc.
Applications are currently open for Master Programmes and the scholarship however, the deadline varies depending on the program. Further information can be obtained from the websites of the specific Training or Master’s Programme you have chosen.
The scholarship covers programmes such as:
- Nutrition and Rural Development, main subject: Human Nutrition..
- Biology – Specialisation Human Ecology.
- Statistics – Specialisation Biostatistics.
- Molecular Biology.
- Water Resources Engineering.
The benefits for the masters scholarship include:
- Allowance: € 860/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 375/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Application process: To apply for a training or Master programme, visit the website of the training or Master Programme of your interest. Follow the guidelines for application for the programme as mentioned on its website. While applying, mention that you wish to apply for the scholarship. The programme coordinator will forward your application to VLIR-UOS. note that VLIR-UOS will not consider applications submitted directly to them by the candidates!
More information available here.