University of California Berkley Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2017/2018
Description: The University of California, Berkeley has partnered with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations that believe education is a catalyst for social and economic advancement. The future of Africa will be shaped by its young people, including those talented, yet economically disadvantaged students who face significant barriers to accessing quality education.
Value of Scholarship Award
The program is designed to provide holistic support including:
- Comprehensive scholarships (school fees, living expenses, books, stipends, transportation)
- Mentoring and counselling including emotional and academic support.
- Service and experiential learning
- Transition support into higher education or the workforce in Africa
- Alumni network of next-generation leaders committed to service
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- You must be a citizen of a sub-saharan African country
- Posses a demonstrated academic excellence
- You should be from an economically disadvantaged background
To Visit Scholarship Link Click Here
Application Deadline: November 30 2016