Announcement is hereby made for commencement of application for fully funded study aid for international students to study at the Institute of International Studies (IIS), University of Berkeley, Califonia, United States. This scholarship is fully funded and available to all new applicants seeking admission into their courses.
Application closes November 13, 2017 ahead of 2018 academic session. The Institute of International Studies (IIS) Undergraduate Merit Scholarship supports undergraduate research in any area of international studies.
Amount of scholarship: Merit scholarships will be up to $2000 each with the chance to win an additional $1000 for Best Research Summary.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must;
- be International students
- have applied or applying to UC Berkeley
- have good academic records from previous educational programs
Interested applicants must submit a one-page research proposal that addresses:
- The research question;
- Why it is important to the field of study;
- Qualification to conduct the research (i.e. related past or planned coursework, languages, etc.);
- A preliminary research plan (including the format for research, i.e. during EAP, as an independent study, etc.).
The university has outlines application process to guide all applicants willing to join their classes under the IIS scheme in 2018. We urge you to apply as soon as you can.